Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mompreneur Spotlight: Anna-Aliza Rosenbaum

Mompreneur Spotlight will be an on-going blog topic

featuring businesses run by, who else? Moms!


Mompreneur is a combination of the words "mom" and "entrepreneur".


This term is used to describe women who balance the demands of being a full time, stay at home parent and running their own business.

The Salon at Kids Club is owned and operated by Karla Easton, our very own mompreneur!







I just spoke with Anna on the phone and here's what she had to say about Moo G Clips:



Q: When was Moo G Clips born?

A: 2007



Q: Where do you make all of your clips and headbands?

A: I have a small space carved out for myself at home.




Q: Do you make everything yourself or do you have help?

A: Mostly by myself, sometimes I have help with really large orders.



Q: How did you come up with your non-slip clips?

They really work!

A: When I was working on making the clips I walked around my house feeling different textures trying to find the perfect thing to use on the inside of the clip. I came across my son's craft supplies box and found some craft foam. I put a little bit inside a clip and it worked!



Q: How did you get the word out about your accessories?

A: I started just simply by putting them in my daughter's hair. I started to get comments from my friends and other moms. I made a batch, put them in packaging, and bought a stand and sold them from home whenever someone would ask.




Q: What is your favorite clip or headband right now?

A: Tough choice, probably the new skinny bands felt flowers (seen on left) and chiffon flowers.



Q: Have you ever made a custom clip for a customer that you liked so much you added it to the collection?

A: Yes, that's how the Special Occasions line started.



Q: There are lots of celebrity babies being spotted wearing Moo G Clips. Who has been your favorite celeb baby spotted in your clips?

A: Hallie Berry's daughter Nahla




First two photos courtesy of Leah Islinger Photography

Last photo courtesy of celebritybabyscoop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment